- Tomato Cage Tree, cheeky, handsome & useful… and in the spring it will be used to support some Purple Cherokees . I was inspired by this blog post a couple years ago, and thought it would make a great way to display the Christmas cards we receive.
- Greenberg Smoked Turkey from Tyler, Texas. A favorite for our holiday open house, and one of my favorite mail order gifts to give. Order one here.
- Barn quilts. I’m always on the lookout for these when I’m driving through Tennessee and Kentucky. I think one would be smashing on our red house… but need to work on convincing Steve.
- Raisin Challah French Toast made with eggnog instead of milk… the perfect way to start a slower than usual weekday morning. I relish these bits of serenity and little pleasures during this time of year.
- How adorable are these Teacup Fairy Gardens, made by Fairy Girl Photo? You can scoop up one of these sweet little treasures at Elgin Local Goods, but leave one for me, okay? My birthday is a couple weeks after Christmas, and think I may need to treat myself to one for my kitchen window.
There are still pieces of Potluck Tableware available locally at The Owl Wine Bar & Home Goods Store and Elgin Local Goods. One of my customers ordered 9 “This is My Jam” spreaders to tie on jars of homemade jam for teacher gifts. Another gifted a bride and groom that are about to move to Michigan with a “Home Slice” pie server, so they’ll always have a slice of Texas with them. The same customer bought a “This is My Jam” spreader as a gift for her canning buddy. I LOVE hearing why folks chose to give these gifts… a lot of thought and creativity in their giving.
I hope this weekend before Christmas is calm, happy and full of good cheer. Remember to shop local when you can!!