Erin Flores and her husband Tiger own Earthen Metals, a family run Blacksmith shop in downtown Elgin. They specialize in unique hand forged metal work in steel, bronze, copper, aluminum and stainless steel to make home decor items, outdoor cooking tools, jewelry and more.
They live in Elgin with their children and pets and are both very active members of the community. Their shop is one of my favorite spots in Elgin, and they offer Blacksmithing classes.
1. Why did you move to Elgin?
We moved here because of affordable shop space.
2. What compels you to spend time creating?
I like making stuff.
3. Tell me three things you’ve learned in the past five years.
- Learning how to take care of my Mom who is suffering from Alzheimer.
- Making bread.
4. What are you currently making, reading, watching, or listening to?
Currently making Bronze necklaces
Reading: Rick Riordan
Watching: ‘Grimm” on Amazon.
Listening to: Ska
5. Cake or Pie?