1. It may early to be dreaming of tomato pie, but strawberries are making their way to your local farmers’ markets. These are from Skinny Lane Farm. Sorry to say, but these were the last pint available at Elgin Local Goods today…but I bet Mike and Bekki bring some more by for the weekend.
2. Also available at Elgin Local Goods is this amazing pâté de Campagne from Belle Vie Farm & Kitchen. You can read about this Elgin farm in the current ssue of Edible Austin.
3. The return of Happy Valley. Season 2 is now available on Netflix. The other night at Stitch & Hoot we were talking about being distracted while watching movies by the furniture, knitwear and decor. I love this show, but would you look at this kitchen?! I’m sure to most this looks a fright, but I love it… the bold colors, the (in progress) hand painted cabinets, the yellow glass knobs, and the mismatched coffee cups.
=][[[[[[[[[kj (this was typed by Olive)
4. I know…more granny squares. But bunting!
5. This photo essay of spring blooms in Big Bend in the March Issue of Texas Monthly.