I just dropped a couple of these, along with some other new items, at The Owl this afternoon. Notice the new labels. The back of the bellyband reads Handsome, Cheeky & Useful… because they are. This would make a great gift for your best pie baking friend, favorite host or hostess, or yourself. Better yet, why not bring Mom a fresh-baked strawberry rhubarb pie and this pie server as a gift… that is, if she’s a Texan. Now all I can think about is pie, no lie. Today marked the return of the Cedar Waxwings. They find our mulberry tree every year, and the tree is a buzz with wings. It’s quite a spectacle, and the fact that I await their arrival each spring is further proof that I’m middle-aged. In case you needed some. Five things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
- The season premier of Orphan Black. Helena!
- Beginning a new knit or crochet project. This pattern is a heavy contender, but would like to use a sport weight linen instead.
- Rain, I think we’re slated to get a bunch of it.
- Happy Hour at Elgin Local Goods Pimento Cheese and Blue Corn Crab Cakes…what’s not to like?
- Work. I have two clients needing logo design.