I just dropped a couple of these, along with some other new items, at The Owl this afternoon. Notice the new labels. The back of the bellyband reads Handsome, Cheeky & Useful… because they are. This would make a great gift for your best pie baking friend, favorite host or hostess, or yourself. Better yet, why not bring Mom a fresh-baked strawberry rhubarb pie and this pie server as a gift… that is, if she’s a Texan. Now all I can think about is pie, no lie. Today marked the return of the Cedar Waxwings. They find our mulberry tree every year, and the tree is a buzz with wings. It’s quite a spectacle, and the fact that I await their arrival each spring is further proof that I’m middle-aged. In case you needed some. Five things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
- The season premier of Orphan Black. Helena!
- Beginning a new knit or crochet project. This pattern is a heavy contender, but would like to use a sport weight linen instead.
- Rain, I think we’re slated to get a bunch of it.
- Happy Hour at Elgin Local Goods Pimento Cheese and Blue Corn Crab Cakes…what’s not to like?
- Work. I have two clients needing logo design.
2 thoughts on “Have a Slice, or Two”
For several years we had Cedar Waxwings hang out at our place for a month or more. No berries but a wonderful birdbath that they rushed, 30-40 at a time, 4 or 5 taking turns at once. This year they stopped by on December 10 for a quick visit and then were gone. We need to plant a berry tree so we can count on them to come each year.
Holly, we love to see them come back each year. This morning Steve came back in to shout, “it’s Cedar Waxwing Day!”